Cookies and beer? The combination is not as odd as it sounds! The delicate, but incredibly buttery, nutty cookies work surprisingly well with our Brimstone Tripel.
Recipe adapted from Gale Gand (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/viennese-crescents-recipe.html) by Samantha Haddow
Yields about 5 dozen cookies
- 1 c unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ c all-purpose flour
- 1 c finely ground pecans
- powdered sugar for coating
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Gradually add the flour and nuts and mix until just combined. The dough with be very crumbly.
- Shape the dough into tiny crescents using about 2 tsp of dough for each cookie. Place on an ungreased sheet pan in rows, leaving 1 inch in between. Chill the cookies for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake about 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
- Allow cookies to cool slightly and then dredge in powdered sugar to coat.
Recipe prepared & taste-tested by Samantha Haddow