Minnesota is known as the “Land of 10,000 Lakes”. It is also known as one of the most bikeable cities in the U.S.. So it is only fitting that we plan an event featuring bicycles and organization doing amazing work for the cummunity through bicyles.
11AM Free Yoga class with YogaFit
But we will start the day with a free Yoga class with a certified Yoga instrustor from YogaFit Northeast location. It is simple, just bring a matt if you have one, a towel and a water bottle. All levels welcome.
Receive $1 off of your first beer when you Bike to Boom Days
- 1pm, Velofix Mobile Bike Repair Van will be providing free lubes, with the ability to fix anything on your bicycle for a reasonable fee.
- 4 – 7 pm Pedego Electric Bikes will be leading tours starting.
- Sturdy Bags, a Minneapolis Bag maker, will also be featuring local bags and bike accessories. Sturdy Bags features a collaborative design and meticulous construction to heighten the cycling experience.
- 1 – 5pm Full Cycle Bike Shop is a nonprofit bike shop in south Minneapolis that offers quality bikes and service to our community, and provides important resources and opportunities to young people experiencing homelessness.Got a bike collecting dust in your garage? Donate it! We are collecting “gently used” bicycles on Saturday, July 14 from 1-10pm. Don’t have a bike? Drop by and donate some cash – these people are amazing and help hundreds of kids each year.
- 1 – 5pm Our Streets Minneapolis, for better biking during the winter months in Minneapolis. Now is the time save up for one of those fat tire winter bikes. Now is the time to scope out a local shop that sells said bikes, and shop around a little. Saturday, July 14 is the time to attend a bicycle-centric Boom Days event, drink some Cuvée and fill out a postcard directed to the Minneapolis City Council to improve sidewalk cleaning during winter for bicyclists!
- 1 – 5pm Nice Bikes. You’ve seen them all over but never tried one? Stop by the Nice Ride booth and learn about Nice Ride stations near you, and exactly how easy it is to partake. Hop on a bike and start pedaling: your destination awaits.
- 1 – 5pm Recovery Bikes. This is another amazing bike shop who does more than just repair and sell bikes. They run a program called More than a Bicycle. They fix donated bikes and ship them to Africa. Parts of Africa are growing rapidly, but there are still serious infrastructure needs and the poorest of the poor are often left behind in a developing nation. In places where it exists even public transportation can be too expensive for a daily commute. Bicycles help pick up the slack. A bicycle can turn a three hour walk to the market into a half-hour errand.