This Asian inspired dish, crafted by Boom Island’s own Qiuxia Welch is sure to please! With a mild spice and savory flavor, this delicious tofu meal will delight traditional meat-eaters and vegetarians alike! Pair with our Thoprock IPA for the full flavor experience!
Kung Pao Tofu
2 Tbsp. white wine
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
2 Tbsp. cornstarch, dissolved in 2 Tbsp. water
1 oz. hot chili paste
1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
2 tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. olive oil
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
4 Tbsp. peanuts
16 oz. Diced firm tofu
- In a small bowl, combine the wine, soy cause, sesame oil, cornstarch, chili paste, vinegar, and sugar and stir until well combined. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add the olive oil, then sauté the bell pepper and garlic until the pepper just begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the sauce and heat until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the tofu and continue to cook until all pieces are well coated with a thick sauce.
- Serve with rice or noodles and top with peanuts.
Makes 4 servings
– Blend wine, soy cause, sesame oil, cornstarch, chili paste, vinegar, and sugar-
-In a pan over medium heat, add the olive oil, then sauté the bell pepper & garlic-
-Dice tofu and green onion-
-Add the tofu and continue to cook until all pieces are well coated with a thick sauce-
– Add more olive oil and/or soy sauce to taste-
–Serve with rice or noodles and top with peanuts-
Pair this tasty meal with Boom Island Brewing’s Thoprock IPA for a truly mouthwatering dish. Find Thoprock at a liquor store near you!