Lemon and raspberries may seem like more of a summer treat, but these bars will add a refreshing palette cleanser among all of those other holiday sweets. Framboise is available at the taproom only, but growlers are available. Act fast if you hope to have this wonderful beer at your holiday gathering! Limited quantities remain!
Recipe by Samantha Haddow
Yields 24-28 bars
For the crust
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Framboise
For the filling
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup flour
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup pureed raspberries
- ½ cup Framboise
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- powdered sugar for garnish
- raspberries for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, flour, and salt. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles course crumbs. Stir in the Framboise until just combined.
- Press crust into an ungreased 9” x 13” baking dish. A pint glass works wonderfully to roll the surface into a smooth, even layer.
- Bake the crust for 25-30 minutes, or until just beginning to brown. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together the eggs, flour, lemon juice, zest, raspberries, Framboise, sugar and salt. Pour the mixture on top of the cooled crust.
- Bake lemon bars for 20-25 minutes for until the filling is set and just slightly jiggles in the center. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Refrigerate for at least two hours., preferably overnight
- Before serving, cut chilled bars into 24-28 pieces. Dust generously with powdered sugar. Top each bar with a fresh raspberry.
*Recipe Prepared by Samantha Haddow & Taste-Tested by friends!