There is something about a citrusy IPA that works really well with cranberries. You could enjoy these festive red and green studded biscotti with your morning coffee, but why not live dangerously! ‘Tis the season, after all!
Recipe adapted from Kristen Jenkins’ recipe for Donna Hay Magazine by Samantha Haddow
Yields about 80 cookies
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ c sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 c dried cranberries
- 1 c shelled, unsalted pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and sugar. Add the eggs, vanilla and zest, beating until just combined. Fold in the cranberries and pistachios.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Divide the dough into two pieces. Roll each portion into a log, about 10 inches long. Flatten slightly. Transfer both loaves to a parchment baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Once cool, cut each loaf into ¼ inch slices using a serrated knife. Arrange slices on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake 8-0 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheets.
Recipe prepared and tested by Samantha Haddow